To Be Black

     This is my final action project for the Fall term, in which we had to create a poem or song and make a video to go alongside it. I chose to create a poem. The poem is called "To Be Black." The poem discusses how Black people are often faced with injustice, and how we can turn that injustice into justice. Writing this poem was somewhat of a challenge, as I rarely, if ever, write poems. Despite this, I enjoyed writing this. Another challenge I faced was thinking of what I wanted my video to be. After a bit of thinking, I decided for my video to be shots of the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is a very beautiful place, and I thought it would make a nice background for my poem. This project also helped me understand SDG 16. 

    Writing this poem made me think about how peace in our society feels unattainable. With so much injustice happening around us daily, it’s easy to forget the good things in the world, which makes SDG 16 all the more important. This also helped me understand SDG 8 more. One of the main reasons we see so much injustice is that the people in positions of power, especially the police, are corrupt. Part of creating a safe work environment is ensuring the safety of the people in that environment. This becomes even more true when the police’s job is protecting the lives of citizens, and when those citizens die at those officers' hands, it shows that some kind of reform is needed.



  Overall, I'm very happy with how my poem turned out. I originally thought that this wouldn't be a good project, as I had no idea what I wanted to do with this project. However, actually creating this project was less of a challenge than I thought it'd be. If I were to do this project again, I honestly wouldn’t change anything. I’m very happy with the way my end result. I think was a very nice project to end my first term on.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Home?

Eyes

A World of My Own