Digging Up Fuel

     This is my action project for my class Energy, in which we had to create a slideshow that talks about a fossil fuel in a country. We've discussed fossil fuels, graphing, slopes, and atoms in this unit. We've also done some experiments relating to combustion, all of which involved some chaos. We haven't on any FEs specifically for our Energy class, but I think what we've been doing in class makes up for it. It's all been very interesting, nothing too challenging and nothing too easy.

    For the action project, my fossil fuel was oil and my country was China. Last year, China reported a decrease in oil consumption for the first time in decades. This was due to China being on lockdown, meaning oil wasn't needed as much. This story intrigued me, so I decided to do it. Getting all the information did take some time, but I'd say I'm happy with the results.


    Going into this project, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't know what I wanted to put on the slideshow, but I think the finished product is better than what I imagined it'd be. I haven't made that many slideshows throughout my school career and the ones I did weren't always the best. However, I think this time was good. I'm happy with the result, and I enjoyed making it, despite any bumps along the way.

Sources
Krauss, Clifford. “China's Oil and Gas Use Fell in 2022 for First Time in Decades.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 27 Jan. 2023, https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/27/business/energy-environment/china-energy.html. 
“Petroleum.” National Geographic Society, 7 July 2022, https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/petroleum. 
“What Is Petroleum Made of? Chemical Composition.” ThoughtCo, 6 Dec. 2019,www.thoughtco.com/chemical-composition-of-petroleum-607575.
Gaille, Louise. 12 Pros and Cons of Oil Energy. 16 Dec. 2019, vittana.org/12-pros-and-cons-of-oil-energy. Accessed 7 Feb. 2023.
“What Are the Safest and Cleanest Sources of Energy?” Our World in Data, 
ourworldindata.org/safest-sources-of-energy. Accessed 7 Feb. 2023
Total Population by Country 2023. worldpopulationreview.com/countries. Accessed 7 Feb. 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Home?

Eyes

A World of My Own