Eyes

This is the final action project for the Spring term for my class “Who Am I?” In which I had to write a short story related to our identity. During this term, we’ve been learning about all aspects related to our identity. While I didn’t really learn anything new about myself, It’s been very interesting to think and learn about our identities, and how all the different aspects of identity intersect and impact the way we experience life.

For my story, I had to incorporate aspects of the book we chose for this unit. My book, Black Fatigue, talks about the mental toll of being black. I used that concept, but instead of leaving it at that, I wanted to make it show how being black (or a minority in general) isn’t just misery 24/7 and that misery that we see every day can be changed into motivation for the future.



While I don't think this class or this project made me learn anything new about myself, It made me think about it more deeply than I ever have before. I also haven’t written something of this length before, but it was a very nice experience. This class did make me do things outside of my comfort zone, and did give me stress at times, but I’m happy with how everything turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A World of My Own

What is Home?