Making Infomercials

    This is my action project for my class Energy, in which we had to create an infomercial comparing two items. In this unit, we've been learning about kilowatts, energy, power, and functions. We also had 3 engineers from Arup Engineering come in and tell us about their jobs and learned how many kWh different objects use. Overall, it was nice, nothing was too challenging yet I still learned a lot. Although, I do wish we went on more outdoor FEs.

    For this action project, we had to create an infomercial comparing two items, and advertising the better one. I choose Whirlpool and Samsung washers, with the Samsung washer being better, as it cost less while still using the same amount of energy. We had to design graphs, create functions, and find a renewable power plant to compare the amount of energy both washers used. We also had to come up with a script for the video, and either voice it ourselves or have someone else voice it for us. I chose to do it myself.





     I'm glad this project is over. It's been a very hectic week, and I'm glad everything's finally finished. It took me a while to come up with an idea, but I think I executed it well. While we may have stayed inside a lot this term, I still enjoyed what we did. Now that everything's over, we get to feel a little more relaxed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Home?

Eyes

A World of My Own