Making Green

   This is my 1st action project for my class Food, in which we had to plant. In class, we’ve been discussing things like geometry, the carbon and phosphorus cycle, macro and micronutrients, and Fukuoka and Darwin. A quote I like from Fukuoka is “Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.” I like it because it perfectly sums up Fukuoka’s views.

   For my action project I used an Arizona Iced Tea jug cut in half. It had a height of 11 centimeters, a length of 14 centimeters, and a width of 6 centimeters. The volume was 924 cm cubed. To find the weight of the soil, I used the volume of a small cup, 142.44, and got a conversion factor of about 6.48. I then used the weight of the soil in the small cup, 117 grams, and multiplied it by the conversion factor to get 923.01 grams. I put two seeds in my soil, beans and peas.

My container 
The soil solution we couldn’t finish in time 

All of the seeds


   I had a lot of fun doing this action project. We got to do something with our hands, it was all done in a single day, and there were no big issues along the way. This was a nice action project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Home?

Eyes

A World of My Own